Connect to MSSQL remotely
Whether you are using VPS or dedicated servers, you can refer to the guide for connecting to MSSQL remotely via SSMS.
- Server Name: the name or IP of the database server. Type PORT after the IP or name to specify a different port (e.g. “,2433″).
- Authentication: SQL Server Authentication is listed by default.
- Login: Your username you have set up for the database.
- Password: Your password you have set up for the user.
Backup and restore MSSQL via SSMS
How to Take a Backup of Database in SSMS?
- Run SQL Server Management Studio from the Start Menu.
- Backup the Database.
How to Restore a Backup of Database in SSMS?
- Run the SQL server Management Studio from the Start Menu.
- Restore the Database.
Connect to MySQL Using MySQL Workbench
How to Connect to a Database Using MySQL Workbench?
Requirements: Download and Install MySQL Workbench on your local computer
New Connection Fill in the requested information:
- Connection name – The name that will be shown in MySQL Worbench (Does not affect connection)
- Hostname – The IP address or hostname for the server
- Port – 3306 is standard, modify if the server listens on an alternate port (Public Cloud uses 3336)
- Username – Usually root, but any account with similar privileges will work
Backup and restore MySQL via Commands
How to Backup and Restore MySQL Database in VPS?
- Login to MySQL server.
- Open a command window.
- Input a run command.